Your body type is not only about height and weight, but about the shape. Body shape is all about proportion and here at Fmag, we’re all about helping you look your very best.
All of our bodies are unique and beautiful. Body shapes can be narrowed down into 3 body types: Pear, Hourglass & Rectangle. But it doesn’t end there, Apple and Wedge body-shapes are becoming more common. Some of you may fall into one category, or be a mixture of a few.
Once you know your body shape, you can understand which fashion trends to embrace and which to steer clear of.
Pear-shape celebrities: Kim Kardashian, Katherine Heigl, Eva Mendes
Best Assets: Shoulders, Torso and Flat Stomach
Having a pear-shaped body means that your lower body is wider than your upper body. You have a well-defined waist and booty to match.
- Draw focus to your waist and arms
- Minimize your hips
- Experiment with light color tops and dark color bottoms
- Show off your arms with a strapless dress
- Wear jackets that hit right above the waist
- Pointy-toe shows will elongate your legs
- DO NOT wear a print on the bottom half of your body
Hourglass-shape celebrities: Halle Berry, Beyonce, Scarlett Johannson
Best Assets: All your curves
With an hourglass body type, your hips and shoulders are set off by a tiny waist. Your shape is all about showing off your curves.
- Wear a belt at the waist to show off your hourglass shape
- Try out a wrap dress
- Wear high-waisted skirts and pants
- Wear fitted dresses, but not too fitted
- DO NOT hide behind baggy clothing
Rectangle-shape celebrities: Natalie Portman, Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz
Best Assets: Arms and Legs
Rectangle-shape bodies are more athletic-looking. This is where waists and hips are on the slimmer side.
- Create curves with scoop neck and sweetheart necklines
- Wear long jackets
- Layer to add more dimensions
- Have fun with colorful bottoms and cinched dresses
- DO NOT wear overwhelming styles
Wedge-shape celebrities: Angelina Jolie, Demi Moore, Naomi Campbell
Best Asset: Legs
The wedge-body shape is also called the triangle, this is where the body has a wide upper half, but a narrow waist and hips.
- Draw focus to your waist and hips
- Wear full skirts and wide-leg pants
- Try out high-waisted skirts and pants
- Wear bright colors on the bottom half of your body
- DO NOT wear spaghetti-strap tops
Apple-shape celebrities: Eva Longoria, Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Hudson
Best Asset: Legs
Since most of your weight accumulates above the hips, you may feel wider than other body types. Your hips may be narrow, but your shoulders are broad.
- Show off your legs and draw attention away from your stomach
- Wear belts at the smallest part of your waist
- Wear a v-neckline to create the illusion of a long torso
- DO NOT wear long skirts