READ MORE: The awards show with a heart of gold
Always one of the most glamorous shows in Milan (if not the entire world), Dolce and Gabbana really did not fail to disappoint today! Their show was a celebration of glamorous mothers and their children, and had all of the elegance and sex appeal that we’ve come to expect. Bold floral patterns, an overwhelming black, white and red colour palette, and jewel-encrusted hair accessories all made an appearance.
- The designers featured the coloured fur that was so prominent last season, and looks set to stick around for another one. There were no garish neons at Dolce and Gabbana, though – their furs were in elegant, subdued colours and worn with outfits in matching shades. This rich forest green is just one of a couple of examples.
- It wouldn’t be a Dolce and Gabbana collection without at least one sexy black dress! This season, a few featured, but this sleeveless lacy number was probably my favourite, although the long-sleeved examples were also beautiful.
- The rich floral patterns featured on many of the clothes drew on classic images of roses, which also appeared on some of the hair accessories. Dolce and Gabbana placed the bold, oversized print on simple, elegant silhouettes.
- The designers showed that classic elegance can be sexy with this fitted skirt suit. The clinging skirt and cropped jacket add a sexy, feminine flair to a very covered-up outfit. Some of the models also wore one of the most outlandish accessories of Milan Fashion Week – huge jewel-encrusted headphones!
- Finally, the designers also gave a great example of just how beautiful a really well-made coat can be. Their silver brocade example has a simple, classic shape and no extra embellishment, but is still a really stunning statement piece.
What do you think of the Dolce and Gabbana collection? Which looks were your favourites?
READ MORE: New winter fashion ideas, courtesy of Blumarine