Have you always wanted to rock a red lipstick but are afraid you won’t be able to? Or are you afraid that you’ll have to re-touch a couple of times throughout the day and would be embarrassed to be caught before having re-applied your lipstick?
Red lipsticks are the ultimate go-to of women. You seldom get to know any woman who does not own even one lipstick that has a red shade. For many people, Red lipstick = total confidence. Sometimes, when girls are lazy to put on their makeup but are required to be presentable, then they just put on powder and their favorite red lipstick and they’re good to go.
But no matter how common red lipsticks are, not everyone has the guts to rock it. Some have their own inhibitions about how they might not be able to apply it correctly, how they cannot make it last or something like that. Now I’m not saying that there are right or wrong ways to apply lipsticks, red ones in particular. But I am here to show you how I do it and how I make it last.
1. The first thing you have to do is to moisturize your lips. No matter what you do, do not forget this step. If you don’t have any lip balms, you can use petroleum jelly.
2. Applying foundation or loose powder on lips makes lipsticks last longer. You can use what you used in your face, or you can use translucent powder. If you don’t have any of those, you can just use your ordinary baby powder that you can find in your dresser.
3. Lipliners clearly define the edges of your lips. Don’t worry if it does not look perfect, it just has to be on the edge of the lips. Choose the lipliner that has the closest shade to your lipstick. After you apply the lipliner to the edges, carefully shade your whole lips, as if you made it you lipstick already.
4. Apply lipstick on both lower and upper lip. Be generous in applying, maybe 3-5 heavy swipes on both upper and lower lips are the minimum.
5. Blotting newly applied lisptick with a facial tissue will help it seep through your lips, making it set better in the foundation you applied earlier and therefore making it last longer.
After blotting your lipstick, just re-apply your lipstick. You can then add gloss if you want. I guarantee that you will rock your lips and that you won’t have to re-apply until hours later.
Be bold and be beautiful. Be confident that you look great! I hope you learned from this guide, I would love to hear from you in the comments below.