And so being young and dipped in folly I fell in love with melancholy.
― Edgar Allan Poe
What do you consider a goth? Is it a subculture? Or is it a way of life? What about the types of goth? Romantic goth, Vampire goth, Emo goth, J-goth, etc. How do you differentiate them? For today’s post, I decided to go with the most ‘traditional’ goth look. Something with very little products that you can wear everyday, but still look extraordinary. I think this look would look beautiful for Halloween as well!
Products I used:
1. Kate UV mineral gel base
2.. L’Oreal Lucent Magique BB cream
3. Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil – DEA
4. Kate eyebrow powder – EX5
5. Urban Decay Naked 3 palette – Darkside & Black Heart
6. Bourjois khol and contour eyeliner – Vert Expressif
7. Sephora Collection Rouge Cream – Bewitch Me 24 – Deepest Cool Grape
Total time spent: 15 mins
1. Prep your skin properly. Pale complexion is a must have when doing goth makeup. To avoid having ‘cakey’ looking makeup, remember to prime your face and moisturise properly!
I used the Kate UV mineral gel base on my whole face, putting extra attention on my eyes.
2. Use the lightest foundation/BB cream that you have. For this, I used the L’Oreal Lucent Magnifique BB cream.
3. Conceal all imperfections! After all this, remember to use the warmth of your hands to let the makeup stay on your face.
4. Fill in your eyebrows. For more information on that, you can check out this post.
5. From the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, spread DARKSIDE all over the lids. It doesn’t have to be too perfect as we’ll blend it off later.
6. From the same palette, use BLACKHEART on the lower part of the eyes – near the lashline. You can use a heavy hand if you want the look to be more intense.
7. Blend. BLEND LIKE CRAZY!
8. Apply Eyeliner throughout the eyes. I used the Borjois Kohl and Contour Eyeliner. Remember to put extra emphasis on your lower lashline! I didn’t really make it super precise, as I was opting for a more worn off grungy/goth look.
9. With the same eyeliner, use it to draw your lips. This would prevent the lip color from ‘bleeding’.
10. FINALLY, Use a dark purple/black lipstick! And you’re done!
Do you like the look? If you’ve tried it, do tag me on instagram! I would love to see you look! Here’s a picture of mine:
Disclaimer: I am not an expert in this field. If you do have any questions, please google it. Wikipedia