With Valentine’s day just around the corner, we are all excited and anxious about how we will prepare for that big day. I know some of the single ladies out there are not that excited about it, but hey, who say’s you can’t prepare and be excited when you are single? Here is an idea of a Valentine makeup that you can put on to impress your loved one, or just celebrate with the people.
Go on and be beautiful, go out and be confident, single or not, you deserve to be glammed up.
1. Before applying any eyeshadow in your eyelids, make sure that you apply primer, or if you don’t have a primer, the foundation that used is ok. The primer serves as a base to make the eyeshadow set better and to lessen the crease of your eyes. After applying a primer, you can proceed to applying you base. I used Dust from the Naked 3 palette.
2. After applying your base eyeshadow, you’d like to pick a shade a little darker than the base and apply in the outer corners of your eyelids. Just make sure not to shade half of your eye, 1/4 will do.
3. Once you have applied something a little darker in the outer corners, I want you to apply a matte and almost the same shade of what you applied. This will neutralize what you have applied in the corners.
4. Blend what you have applied with a blending brush and then apply some highlight. you may want to apply highlight on the bottom of your brows and above your lid. A little highlight in the inner corner of the eye will also do.
5. Apply eyeliner as closest to your lashes as possible. Create the perfect wing by making sure that you are only following your eyes’ upper and lower line.
6. When applying something this dark, you may want to be careful, so not apply too many product or you may end up having too much, or having portions with too much product. What you want to do is to apply minimal amount of product and just repeat until you get your desired amount.
7. When you are satisfied with the dark shadow in the outer corner, you can finish up the look by applying mascara to your lashes. You can also apply fake lashes if you want to. This will add drama to your look.
Now that you are done, finish up your look by putting on the lipstick of your choice. Just remember not to put a very loud lipstick shade if your eyeshadow is already dark. Here I chose a pink lipstick shade to complement the look.
I hope you have enjoyed this guide, I’d love to hear from you in the comments below. Enjoy!